Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcP
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting LDAP connection disable users rather than remove them

Hi all,

I added a LDAP connection to my NPrinting but I want that when there is any change in the users, rather than delete them, I want disable them.

I said that because I want to avoid my users lose their groups if LDAP have a problem

also, is there any possibility to hardcode a role for all users?

You know if can be done?

Thank you

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Unfortunately, there isn't a way for this to be done. LDAP import in Nprinting just connects directly to the Active Directory in which it's configured to connect to. You either need to manually remove the users from Nprinting or remove the users in the LDAP and run the LDAP import. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @MarcP

I just did a test further to Lucas's point but found that when doing my test, the LDAP import fails entirely.

Thus you will not lose any role memberships if your LDAP/Windows Domain Controller is down and you can continue to use NPrinting with cached windows credentials.

The example shown in the image below was done:

1. With AD Domain Controller powered off

2. Clean windows log into the NP web console

3. Test of recipient import process.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Unfortunately, there isn't a way for this to be done. LDAP import in Nprinting just connects directly to the Active Directory in which it's configured to connect to. You either need to manually remove the users from Nprinting or remove the users in the LDAP and run the LDAP import. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @MarcP

I just did a test further to Lucas's point but found that when doing my test, the LDAP import fails entirely.

Thus you will not lose any role memberships if your LDAP/Windows Domain Controller is down and you can continue to use NPrinting with cached windows credentials.

The example shown in the image below was done:

1. With AD Domain Controller powered off

2. Clean windows log into the NP web console

3. Test of recipient import process.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

By the way,

I started up my Windows Domain Controller and have no issues performing the LDAP import normally once again.

MarcP
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you both!