Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grs_venki
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting 17.6 Excel Expand Range Issue

Hi Team,

Currently I am using Nprinting 17.6 with November 2017 release, I have a problem with my excel template where I have been using Expand Range (Unchecked). But in my previous Nprinting 16.6 version which was working fine. But recently we have been migrated from 16.6 to 17.6 and I have been encountering the issue with expand range. As its not working as expected. Even if I am checked or unchecked the option from designer property as unchecked still I have a same problem. Could you please advise is there any solution for this issue ?

Qlik NPrinting November 2017  Version: 17.6.0000.0 - Microsoft Excel 2013 - Qlikview 12

Thanks

Venki

15 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did you tried with  unchecking of Keep source format and preview?

grs_venki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, tried both options. But no luck so far.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please also check if Expand range checkbox is unticked in particular field properties. Do you uncheck it in a table properties or field properties?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
grs_venki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, I have tried all the way to achieve this Expand Range. But so far I haven't got an idea to fix it. I did checked in Qlikview property as well. but I didn't find the way.

If you look at my screenshot I had unchecked expand range in specific to object in Nprinting designer 17.6. But its not working. I did tried the same in 16.6 which is working fine. I did checked Excel setting as well. All my homework done.

Let me know is there any way to fix it.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes - I agree that you have shown on your screenshot that you have this unchecked it on TABLE level. What i was asking is particular field level like: Datapoint or If(Table11='Analy.....etc"

Now please select the column from the table in NPrinitng designer (for example Datapoint) and see if the "Expand Range property is disabled there as well. If it is then i would try to achieve the same with different apporach which leads to my point below:

My question is - can you use different solution? Instead of hardcoding values 1.2.3.4.... etc in Static Value column maybe all table can come from Qlik?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
grs_venki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I agree with your point. We can achieve this way in Qlikview level and can be used in Nprinting. However I have already designed the excel template around 50 sheets and currently its in PROD. If we are going with this approach, then I have to rebuild Qlik apps and Nprinting template to meet my requirement. moreover we have many project which is running with same functionality used across template, Also, we have huge impact if this functionality doesn't work out. My question why this functionality is not working in 17.6 ?

Also, I remember Expand Range option will be available in Object level and not to specific to field property.

Already, we were facing multiple issue like (Import/ Export) is not working from 16.6 to 17.6. Only template objects are being exported and again we have to mirror all the objects, Image, Formula, variables, level etc. After the upgrade we were unable to meet our old requirement.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well,

first and foremost NPrinitng 16 and NPrinitng 17 are 2 completly different products. Please do not assume that version 17 has backward compatibility and supports everything what was in version 16. This is very similar to QlikView and Qlik Sense. Both are doing pretty much the same thing, but they are completly different products!

If you look at help document at this page you will see there a table with function comparison between those 2 versions.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

There are certain differences which will limit migration functionality. If one of the reports/templates is using unsupported functionality you will not be able to migrate a report. This can mean linked fields, macros, variable filter etc..

Regarding your issue - i will test it in my environment and will get back to you with the behaviour i am experiencing.

regards

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

mate - i have checked this in my system and it works as it should. I am using NPrinitng February 2018 and i get what you called "expected output" in your first screenshot.

If this does not work for you, you have something seriously wrong there.

cheers

Lech

grs_venki
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I am using this version Qlik NPrinting November 2017  Version: 17.6.0000.0.

I guess Expand Range is working in latest version of Nprinting February 2018. But here I am using Nprinting 17.6 November 2017 version.