Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting Preview and Connection generation Stuck

Hi,

While previewing a powerpoint template, nprinting doesnt seems to creating the preview and then I get a error saying preview is taking more time and requests me to run the report as task.

Whenever i get this error and when I reload meta data, the connection get stuck in generating state and never gets completed(Usually it takes less than min to reload).. After service restart everything comes to normal.

Not sure how to debug this issues and any help regarding this is more appreciable.

Nprinting version : 17.3.0

Template Generated : Powerpoint

Thanks,

Rakul.

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rakul,

1. Any chance you can upgrade to more stable version? September 2017?
  2. When previewing a template you actually run a report without any filters on Qlik application, so it can produce unexpected (also very big) results and therefore process is timing out. I usually take an approach where for NPrinting Development i use small qvw/qvf file, prepare template, test, run it and then reload a qvw/qvf to load full dataset for production use
  3. There can be an issue that when you get stacked on your preview, NPrinitng Engine is busy occupying document you are running reports from and therefore cannot modify repository to update metadata in it - that is why i whole process stops - THIS IS ONLY MY ASSUMPTION (based on my observations how NPrinting works)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

This could be the effect of a bug resolved in the June 2017 release.

Metadata reload problems with large QlikView documents

Metadata reload of large QlikView documents (.qvw files bigger than around 2 GB), failed and the metadata remained in "Generating" status.

So upgrading to September 2017, as suggested by Lech, should resolve.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I m using a file of 5 MB with two charts. Is there any way to see a detailed log about which application is running and qvw or qvf file is getting used.

Thanks,

Rakul.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Information about logging are available here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/AdministeringQVNprinting/Logging/Logging...

Check also that the QlikView Desktop installed on the Qlik NPrinting Engine computer has a valid license activated for the Windows user who runs the Engine Service.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.