cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neil-devlin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Table Headers Disappearing

For some reason my Nprinting reports randomly display and then dont display specific pivot table headers despite nothing changing on the qlik app, or in the Nprinting tablet, does anyone know why this is? Its frustrating as I need reports to remain static to allow our accounts team to use vlookups etc

Example pictures attached

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Frank_S - that is different scenario as we are talking here about native QlikView pivot table export (not the excel).

I think this has something to do with the "always fully expanded" setting in QlikView or the way we can drag&drop dimension in QlikView to the header section above or below measure label.

I agree with Frank, that in order to work around it and i think get it done properly you would follow steps by creating in QlikView straight table, you then use this straight table as data source for your NPrinting report in which you build native excel pivot table which will not have those formatting issues. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I will assume you created an NPrinting Pivot table with QlikView or Qlik Sense data.

It is very important to follow the steps in this help page from end to end. 

Please have a look and perhaps even create a new report with these details steps.]

It should work therein.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.htm

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Frank_S - that is different scenario as we are talking here about native QlikView pivot table export (not the excel).

I think this has something to do with the "always fully expanded" setting in QlikView or the way we can drag&drop dimension in QlikView to the header section above or below measure label.

I agree with Frank, that in order to work around it and i think get it done properly you would follow steps by creating in QlikView straight table, you then use this straight table as data source for your NPrinting report in which you build native excel pivot table which will not have those formatting issues. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
neil-devlin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Up until now we have been using NPrinting to export the entire object (Pivot table) from a Qlikview app rather than cell by cell creation. Is this something we should not be doing then?

neil-devlin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yea thats exactly it Lech, I am exporting a native Qlikview pivot table as an object to Nprinting, it works for the most part apart from the randomly moving top row header/label. Reading what you and Frank have said it appears this isn't a good idea?