cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus_QV
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with filter and cache

Hi, I have a mysterious behaviour of NPrinting since yesterday.

While trying to create a new field in my filter, he is telling me to cache the connection first.

Markus_QV_1-1657561770698.png

The problem is: the connection is already cached!!!

Markus_QV_0-1657561714581.png

On top when I try to add a variable to the filter it's working.

Markus_QV_2-1657561888549.png

Does someone can help me?

As you can see we have 9 connections in that app. This behaviour happens in only 2 connections of them (7 are fine) and this app (and the report) is already running for 2 years (till yesterday). No changes are made on the server or QVW.

Best regards

Markus

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Markus_QV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

we solved the problem. We found out that our service account got problems while opening the qvw-files. So we checked the access right of the service account which semed to be ok. So we checked the local license of that account and the license key seemed to be ok, BUT we got a small message, that it does not fit to the licence enabler file. (?) That seemed weird to us, because our license is fine and was never been changed in the last 5 years.

So we typed in the same license key again, ask the support for a new control number and starting from that (after restarting all NPrinting services again) NPrinting was working fine again. 🙂

Nevertheless thanks for your support guys.

Was a really weird behaviour of NPrinting.

Best Regards

Markus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Markus_QV 

I have never come across issue like this. My first thought is that something went out of sync and I would go through reboot of the servers, check of free disk space, event viewer logs (trying to figure out if there are any I/O errors), metadata reload of all connections, check antimalware/antivirus setting and do another check of the behaviour. 

If you still have issues i would contact Qlik support for this one. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to add to @Lech_Miszkiewicz 's suggestions to refresh the browser page of filter creation: maybe you are still viewing a cached copy because the issue is very strange. The caches of your connection are all generated and you should don't have any issue in creating filters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Markus_QV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz,

thanks for your reply.

I tried all of that already 3 times (services restarted, server reboot, disk space checked, event log viewer checked).

I also created an new app with a new connection. It's still not working.

Best Regards

Markus

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Time to open support case then

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the support case please include the log files. Check them if you did not. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Markus_QV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi everyone,

we solved the problem. We found out that our service account got problems while opening the qvw-files. So we checked the access right of the service account which semed to be ok. So we checked the local license of that account and the license key seemed to be ok, BUT we got a small message, that it does not fit to the licence enabler file. (?) That seemed weird to us, because our license is fine and was never been changed in the last 5 years.

So we typed in the same license key again, ask the support for a new control number and starting from that (after restarting all NPrinting services again) NPrinting was working fine again. 🙂

Nevertheless thanks for your support guys.

Was a really weird behaviour of NPrinting.

Best Regards

Markus