Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaniMarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Sorting issue in Qlik Sense and NPrinting

Dear all,

In the updated NPrinting and Qlik Sense, sort orders seem to be way off for some items.

In NPrinting, across all tabs, lower-case letters are sorted after upper-case letters (A-B-C-...-Z-a-b-c-...). Special characters like underscores sort lower than all letters.

In Qlik Sense, I believe it's only the variable manager where sorting is an issue. However, the sort order is far less clear - my best guess is that it's sorted on creation datetime.

I reported this a while ago and believe it may be an issue with Qlik but would appreciate a fix. This is not mission critical as all affected applications have search functions, but is highly desirable.

Can this be an issue with Qlik itself? Because prior to migrating to AWS, this was not an issue.

Initial thought was that this may be something we’d have to open a ticket with Qlik for.

Thanks in advance for any help clarifying how to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

DaniMarc

#NPrinting #Sorting #QlikSense  @Pat @Anonymous @Dan7 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not sure what sorting you are talking about. 

• are you talking about sorting within Qlik Sense objects?
  • or are you talking about sorting in QMC and NPrinting admin console views

Answering this question would help and clarify the subjects as well as screenshots of the actual problem would be helpful too.

If your issue is related to my second bullet point then sorting order is also part of regional settings in Windows Os. What regional setting you are currently using, English? If not go to the control panel, regional settings. Select something other than your country of choice (such as one of the English settings) as the format, and click OK or apply. See if that helps

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@DaniMarc since you are only seeing the issue after migrating to AWS, as @Lech_Miszkiewicz pointed out that is likely to be a regional settings in Windows issue.

DaniMarc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Understood. Thank you.