cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS80
Contributor
Contributor

exporting with nprinting issue

Hi. I have an issue when trying to export using an nprinting template. The issue appears to relate to the format of one of the fields.

I have a qlik sense app and one of the fields in the app is for a reference number. there are several different 'types' of reference number in the data for the field - some are all numbers e.g. 123456, some have a / symbol e.g. 12/01234 and some contain at least one letter e.g. 12A3456.

I have set the field to be a text field within data load editor e.g. TEXT(Ref) as Ref.

If i apply a filter using the Ref field within the Qlik app and include the 123456 ref with at least one of the other types e.g. 12/01234 and then try to run an nrprinting report, the report that is produced only contains data relating to the 12/01234 ref.

If i filter the data in the app to just reference numbers that are all numbers such as 123456, the nprinting report request just fails altogether.

Confusingly, if i filter on something else such as the name that the ref relates to, so that the data displayed is the same as if i filtered using the ref field, the reports work without issue.

I assume that nprinting does not like Qlik filtering on a 'text' field when the values are all purely numbers - can anyone provide a solution for this please?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Please specify the versions of Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrinting that you are using.

Also share some screenshots of

• the NPrinting report template
  • your usage of 'filters' ie: do you mean NPrinting filters or do you mean MS excel slicers. Clarify and share snaps shots.
  • Expected results
  • Actual results

This in order for us to better visualize and understand the issue you are currently describing.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
DS80
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's difficult to share screenshots as a lot of the information is sensitive. 

The filters are applied in the Qlik app. There is a data table that contains the ref field. We apply the filter by clicking on the ref field within the table and then selecting the ref numbers we need

DS80_0-1724331481584.png

to generate the nprinting report we click the Create Report button at the bottom right and then select one of the templates we previously created in XLSM.

If the ref number selected only contains numbers e.g. 123456 the report fails. If the ref numbers selected include one that is only numbers such as 123456 and also one other 'type' e.g. 12/01234 the report generates but not all the information comes through - only data related to the 12/01234 ref appears in the report

This is what we see after trying both options - the 123456 only report fails the other generates

DS80_1-1724331752458.png

This is what is in the ref column of the report when we try to generate one for 123456 and 12/01234 'types' only the '12/01234' type is included.

DS80_3-1724331831525.png

There are no filters applied within nprinting or excel and there are no excel slicers.

I believe we are using 

Qlik sense: November 2023 Patch 6 & 

Nprinting May 2022 SR1

Thanks