Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marsanos
Contributor
Contributor

<verify> Filter

Hello community,
I need help with Nprinting Recipient import.
In my old Nprinting 16 I was able to verify a recipient import with the filter addition <verify>.

Example: Filter: Abst_Name={"Marsano, Salvatore"}<verify>

Since I am now working with Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR5 Version: 21.14.10.0

I don't know how to create the same.

Can anyone help me?

many thanks in advance

Salvatore

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @marsanos 

With new NPrinting 17 and all version up until today you dont use <verify> tag as all filters by default behave that way. If filter cannot be applied you will get a warning in task execution or preview with information that filter cannot be applied.

if you want to learn more about import check the documentation for your version of NPrinting: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

there is sample file link you can download to see samples of how to configure all required fields in import template.

Lastly - your version of NPrinting is out of support - please plan update to supported version 

Cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
marsanos
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the answer, that's what I was afraid of

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi.

Why are you afraid of that? 

This behaviour will prevent report from being sent if wrong filter would get applied. One would assume it is rather wanted setup. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
marsanos
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, but I'm not very good at filtering. How do I proceed so that the report is sent to the right people and no empty reports are sent?

Note: This is a table with tasks and deadlines that are assigned to several people. The report should be sent to the person who has tasks. All those who have no tasks to complete should not receive an e-mail (even if they are included in the list).

How would you proceed?
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can create a condition https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm that cheks if the table with tasks has rows. Then apply that condition to the report in the publish task. For users with no rows the condition will fail and the report will not be generated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.