Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Linking

Hi All,

I have 2 data files Actual, Given.

Actual data file contains Project Num, PName, Pool,Manager, November, December, January fields. Here November, december, january fields contains month wise Demand data

Given Data file contains Project Num, PName, Pool, Manager, Month, Demand Actual, Demand Given. Here Month contains November, December, January as field values.

I want to show by default the data for November, December and January should be as follows

Capture.PNG.png

I want to create one List box which contains Months November, December and January. If i click on January then only january should be shown, If i click on November then only November data should be shown.

This is an urgent requirement, Please Anybody take a look and give me solution.

I'm attaching sample data files also, Please provide me solution

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the crosstable function to transform the Actual data. See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi have a look at the attach file

all that was needed is to cross table to actual data in the load script

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the crosstable function to transform the Actual data. See attached qvw

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bra'am,

Thanks for reply, i met my req with your suggestion.

Thanks,

M V

Not applicable
Author

Hi Wassenaar,

Sorry for troubling you, One more req is added here

I have another file Inc Data which contains Project Number, PName, Pool, Nov Inc/Dec, Dec Inc/Dec, Jan Inc/Dec fields. Based on the Pool and project number i have to add the values of Nov Inc/Dec, Dec Inc/Dec, Jan Inc/Dec  to Demand data

For ex:

In demand data file data is like as follows

Capture.PNG.png

in Inc Data file the data is like as follows

Capture.PNG.png

It should add to Demand of Demand data file, Then the output will be like as follows

Capture.PNG.png

If the value is negative the it should subtract, if value is Possitive then it should add to Demand data and it should reflect on Demand and total (in exapmle 9, 7.1) should show in the table.

Please help me on this

i'm attaching Inc Data file also here.

Thanks,

M V

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe like attached qvw.