Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anuhyak1
Creator
Creator

Dimension field filter in straight table or pivot table and display total

Hi

I have Org divison  and store type are the dimensions in my Straight/Pivot table. I have Store type with Direct,Full Line, outlet ,undefined,Miltary values in Current selection box. I want to display only Direct and Full Line for store type and their Totals. I have to display the Lastweek,Last year,%change  values in the expression for Direct and Full Line.  How to display pivot table or straight table please suggest. 

dimension filter on store type.PNG store type.PNG

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

My best advice would be to use the Design Blog area of Community to search the how-to posts there to see if you can find something to give you the proper idea as to how to go about things.  If you get things further along and can then post an app sample etc., you may be able to get some further help at that point, but believe things are a bit too thin at the moment for anyone to really offer much help.  Generally it requires at least some sample data and what you expect the output to look like in order for someone to be able to help much in these situations.  In this case sample QVW with the data model and chart etc. would likely be best case in order to get further help with things.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sunny_talwar

You can use set analysis to restrict your expression to only show Store Types  Direct and Full Line... For example, if you expression was Sum(Sales), you can change it to Sum({<[Store Type] = {'Direct', 'Full Line'}>} Sales)

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Given Sunny's direction, you can check out this specific Design Blog post, might be helpful given his advice:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.