Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bencvanderlaan
Contributor
Contributor

Measure with Number Formatting set to 'Auto' does not work for Duration values even with specific expression formatting

I'm having an issue where I have a chart that should display the values in their related format, but it's not.

For example, if an Item has a UOM as '%', I want the values displayed in percentage...

if an Item has a UOM as 'time', I want the values (which are stored in seconds) as 'mm:ss' format...

The 'Auto' formatting does NOT seem to work for detecting the correct duration in mm:ss format.

MY EXAMPLE:

SCRIPT:

Test1:
LOAD * Inline [
PI, Value, UOM, Year
'1 mile', 120, 'Time', 2020
'1 mile', 360, 'Time', 2021
'1 mile', 480, 'Time', 2022
'Push-ups', 10, 'Reps', 2020
'Push-ups', 15, 'Reps', 2021
'Push-ups', 20, 'Reps', 2022
'% ECW', .02, '%', 2020
'% ECW', .12, '%', 2021
'% ECW', .9, '%', 2022
];

I have a chart that I want to be able to show values in % OR in mm:ss... I've tried testing out multiple formulas... one being:

if(UOM = 'Time', Interval(avg(Interval#((Value),'s')),'mm:ss'))

I'm primarily trying to get the 'Time'/Duration values to plot correctly (displaying in % or numeric formating works fine for me)... but for example, if I select '1 mile' as the PI, and year as 2022... instead of showing the 480 seconds as '08:00'.. it shows it as 5.56m..

Please help.

-Ben

1 Reply
bencvanderlaan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I guess the basic question is: when the measure Number Formatting is set to 'Auto'... will this ever allow it to be displayed in mm:ss format for duration values?