Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OnLeaveSheet trigger not working when activating sheet with action

I have a OnLeaveSheet trigger on one of my sheets and it works fine if I have all my sheets visible and choose another sheet from the tab bar. The problem however is that I have created a sheet menu with a field containing the sheet names and it has a Field Event Trigger that activates the selected sheet. When using this, the OnLeaveSheet trigger doesn't get executed. Is there a good reason for it working like this or have any of you encountered similar problem and maybe found a workaround?

The OnActivateSheet triggers seem to work on the new selected sheet, it's just the OnLeaveSheet trigger that is missing out.

Working on QV10 SR2

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

hope this will help you..!

Niranjan M.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your time and a good example file. I didn't see your sheet list having any actions so I added them (Document properties -> Triggers -> Field Event Triggers) and made it so that when user selects a field from the sheet list, that sheet is activated and the selection is removed. If you have a try with the attached file you can see exactly what my problem was: the OnLeaveSheet trigger gets executed only when changing the sheet from the tab bar, not when using the sheet list.

Any ideas why this is the case and how to get around it? I'm completely clueless how to make this work.

Best regards,

Henry

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henry,

I am using QV11 SR1 facing the same issue. you mentioned in your post that onActivateSheet Trigger seems to work but i cant find it working. Did you get any workaround or something for this problem.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kuldeep,

Didn't get it working and the only thing I could think of was to have the same actions on the sheet list field trigger and also in the OnActivateSheet / OnLeaveSheet triggers. That way the actions will be executed, but the problem of course is that if there's changes to these I would need to remember to do them in two different places.

Best regards,

Henry

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As you said predfined triggers are working, so wrote macro to work as trigger.

please find the attached file.

Best Regards,

Niranjan M.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Niranjan,

We are already using macro to achieve this but we are looking to get rid of the macros as we are moving to use the Ajax mode where the macros will not work. That's why we are converting this from macro to action.

can you suggest any work around.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak