Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server oracle odbc fails while desktop reloads! TNS

Hi guys,

i'm migrating qlikview apps from old server to a new one and i have a problem with oracle odbc. I've installed it as on the old computer (windows 7 64 bit) and i configured tns (TNS_ADMIN, tnsnames.ora, Path etc.) but when i reload my app on the server i get this error:

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: 08004, ErrorCode: 12154, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

But when i reload it with Qlikview desktop it's okay.... I don't have any idea whats wrong...

The old qlikview server version was for windows 7 but now we have Windows 2012 R2, maybe thats the reason?

Best regards,

Jacek

13 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

ur database details are configured in tnsnames file under NETWORK,ADMIN folder?

DanijelH
Creator II
Creator II

Hey,

i had the same Problem.. My solution was to add in my local Oracle Folder following Folders:

Before c:\Oracle\installxxx\files..

after c:\Oracle\installxxx\network\admin\

Now I copied the two *.ora files in that Folder and the Reload over the Management console was successfull 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

d.horvat, this works for me too...any idea about why we need this type of directories struct??

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

‌hi,

are you able to connect SQL + manually?