Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sort a Cyclic Group

Good morning everyone,

I have an issue to sort a cysclic group. I have 2 dim in my cyclic group @MycyclGrp= Activity, Sector Label.

I defiended my sort on a group : Edit Groups --> Sort Orders: I sorted Activity by Text Z->A

I sorted Sector Label By Expression, which contains SECTOR_ID

So, i added my cyclic group and 3 dim in a Pivot table: Dim 1, Dim 2, Dim 3, @MycyclGrp

In my chart the sort of my cycle dont work, i think it sort the Activity, Sector Label by load Order, it didn't follow the sort defined previously.

I remarked that the position of my cycle in chart proporties--> Sort is always at the bottom, if i promote it down back again. I have checked Override Group Sort Order check box, but the problem still remain.

I hope somebody could help me!

B.R

Hamid.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hamid,
The problem is that in pivot tables sort is always by the order of dimesnions - in your case by Dim 1, Dim 2, Dim 3, @MycyclGrp. I can't tell what should be a solution in your case. It maybe simply making the @MycyclGrp the 1st dimension in the pivot table, if accepatable. If not, see my post here, may it will give you some ideas: http://community.qlik.com/media/p/68595.aspx

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Micheal,

Unfortunately, i have to respect the dim order 😞

pljsoftware
Creator III
Creator III

Hello!

Try to order some dimension by expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In this case - see the "share QV" in the link I mentioned above...

Not applicable
Author

In this exemple do you use a macro! it looks complicated!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do use macro, because want the ability to change sort order. In essence, it is the same sort by expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks