Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soniasweety
Master
Master

issue in selection

Hi ALl, @sunny_talwar 

i have one table  with two sources of columns .  when i have one quarter data  its showing proper data but  now i have more than one qurater the data showing wrong in the measures and difference 

so now my  question is:  i need to use any one listbox for quarter if select  YQuarter   it should take YNetsales  ,,, then Equarter  measure value take from Enetsales  and  show the difference .

now it is not happening  

Labels (2)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest you to use a concatenated table reusing the same field names for each source table. Like this:

Data:
LOAD
  Eregion as Region,
  Equarter as Quarter,
  [E Net Sales] as [Net Sales],
  'Oracle' as TranactionSource
FROM ORACLE;

Concatenate (Data)
LOAD
  Yregion as Region,
  Yquarter as Quarter,
  YNetSales as [Net Sales],
'SQL' as TranactionSource
FROM SQL;

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can still apply my earlier approach even if it's only one source table. See my attached QVW.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

The issue you are eperiencing is due to the fact that the Yotta  profit center are not always the same as the EDL Pofit center for all rows. I created a second row of KPIs that will adress this issue.image.png

Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you want to control you set analysis with other filters a.k.a modifiers then you need to list them in your element list. 

Take a look at the explained extended SET example below.

sum(
{  //Start of SET
//Start of element list
   Yotta_Profit_Center_Level_0_Name, //Modifier no 1: Ignore all selections in this field
   EDL_Profit_Center_Level_0_Name=P(Yotta_Profit_Center_Level_0_Name), //Modifier no 2: EDL P.C.L. should be equal to any of the possible Yotta P.C.L
   [Your field]= {'hello', 'world'}, //Modifier no 3: Your field should be 'hello' or 'world'
   [EDL last field] = P([Yotta last field]), //Modifier no 4: Apply possible fields of Yotta last field in EDL last field
   [Yotta last field]= //Modifier no 5: Ignore selection in field 
}
> //End of element list 
} //Endo of SET
EDL_Net_Sales_Order_US_Dollar_Amount)

15 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you explain the issue in detail? May be with selections-expected output examples.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

Hi  

the issue is

i have   two diff data sources fields in same table.    for example      SQl and oracle

so i have one table    with below columns

Sql_region

Oracle_region

sql_quarter

oracle_quarter

sql_netsales

oracle_netsales

earlier it was working fine as i have  only one quarter  .. now  i have more quraters  . and i need to use   one  filter  region one filter for quarter only..   the result should show   in both the sources

like    SQL_netsales      Oracle_netsales         filter anyone  ( region  if i select anything it should take values from respective sources.   attached sample.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest you to use a concatenated table reusing the same field names for each source table. Like this:

Data:
LOAD
  Eregion as Region,
  Equarter as Quarter,
  [E Net Sales] as [Net Sales],
  'Oracle' as TranactionSource
FROM ORACLE;

Concatenate (Data)
LOAD
  Yregion as Region,
  Yquarter as Quarter,
  YNetSales as [Net Sales],
'SQL' as TranactionSource
FROM SQL;

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I still could not get the issue w.r.t the sample. Help me understand the issue w.r.t the sample you attached. Give me two selection scenarios explaining giving right output and one wrong output also explain the expected right output for the wrong one.

In the mean while you can try the solution provided by @Vegar  above. That's a common approach one should take while dealing with data like you are handling.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

sorry to  mislead.

i have one table  in that column names   

sql_region

oracle_region..   like that....   i dnt have seperate  datsources outside ..    only one DB table.

Attached in sample qvw with sample data set.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can still apply my earlier approach even if it's only one source table. See my attached QVW.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

working on it will update once done.

soniasweety
Master
Master
Author

Hi  ,

its working fine  but i have adhoc report in same application.  now i need two dimension columns to see the data 

after concatenating  i can i have one dimension only right for two soucres how can i use two columns in adhoc?