Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlikview memory

hi

i have 10 GB data into database, how much ram require in qlikview . how to cal it.

3 Replies
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Assuming the data in database is 10 Gb (excluding indexes, services...), you can reasonnably compute the RAM needed by QV like this :

- Compression between Database / QVD = 10 (average ration depending mainly on the number of distinct values in the largest fact tables,

- RAM for 1st user in QV will be = 1 Gb , then 5-10% by each addtional user  then 10 user = 2 Gb RAM

- Note there is also compression (ratio = 4) at qvw = 1 Gb / 4 = 250 Mb on disk.

Michael

Not applicable
Author

To better understand how QlikView uses the memory, I recommend to have a look at some white papers like http://www.qlik.com/es/explore/resources/whitepapers/qlikview-scalability-overview or QlikView Architecture and System Resource Usage Tech Brief.

Not applicable
Author

RDBMS: 50 Go

QVW : 5 Go (estimated ratio 1/10)

RAM: 8 x QVW : 40 Go (or 80% of the RDBMS) for 1st user

For each concurrent user: QVW : 5 Go ( a little more for the 1st users because the cache is shared among users, so it means that the more users, the more cache can be shared)

In other words: Estimated RAM = 80% of the RDBMS + Nb concurrent users * 10% of the db

If you plan to get 30 concurrent users, I will estimate the RAM to : 40 Go + 30*5 Go = 190 Go

If you plan to get a cluster, you will need to multiply the first number (40 Go): the cache is not shared across servers

Fabrice