Packt published "Learning QlikView® 12" by B. Diane Blackwood in December last year.
If you are a data analysts, executives, managers, decision makers, or anyone who works with data and wants to make sense of this data in a simple yet extremely powerful way, then this video is for you. This video tutorial is for developers as well as non-developers with some experience with programming would be useful but is not compulsory.
This step-by-step tutorial uses a sample application to help you understand the basics of QlikView in a very practical manner.
This video course introduces the Business Intelligence platform, QlikView, and demonstrates to viewers how to leverage the system ultimately to conduct and deliver data analysis on business data. The viewers will learn how to build an application that fulfills the D.A.R (Dashboard, Analysis and Report) approach suggested by Qlik.
The course will start with introducing viewers to the QlikView platform and how to set up their own project. It will take them through document elements and how to create a connection with multiple datasources. The course will guide users in creating Analysis Reports, Adding Visualizations and also tips & tricks on improving them. Users will learn how to optimize their Data Models by using advanced Script Functions.
What You Will Learn:
- Download QlikView personal edition and set up a project environment
- Introduce QlikView terminology such as document, sheet elements and scripts, add data and the different data sources available to use
- Create data layers with QVD files
- Continue building the data model, resolving synthetic keys and organize script sections to load data
- Create a new document sheet, design objects and manage their properties
- Learn best practice guidelines for design
- Solve some data modeling challenges, the If statement, using a master calendar table
- Solve circular references and join or concatenate tables to create budget data.
B. Diane Blackwood has worked as a consultant implementing business intelligence and corporate performance management solutions since 2005. She has extensive experience in multiple industries (micro-electronics to heavy equipment manufacturing, medical, legal, and various retail industries) implementing BI and CPM solutions. In 2010, she worked with El Camino Hospital creating data warehouse/data marts to feed QlikView, a "social business discovery" software. When working closely with Dr. Michael Gallagher, formerly Director of Informatics at El Camino Hospital, his enthusiasm for the uses of QlikView in analyzing hospital and medical data "infected" her.