Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Error: Object Reference not set to an instance to an object

Hi All,

Currently I am creating a excel template in Nprinting. While previewing the document I am getting following error

error1.png

I am went through the log files and I am not able to figure out the cause behind it

error.png

Need help to resolve this issue

Thanks and Regards,

Bhargav

15 Replies
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rugerro,

I have followed the instructions on the page mentioned above.The issue is that the conditional formatting rules work fine and we do not get an error when there is no Page level added into the Template.But as soon as we add the Page level we get the error

Below contains the expanded node screenshot of the template

PAge Level issues.png

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

If you remove the Page and the conditional formatting what you you get?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If we remove both the Page Level i.e Dim_3 Page and Conditional Formatting  then we get the below table as shown below

Page Level Pivot Table.PNG

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Ok, try to add only the Page and run a preview again to see if the Page generate the error.

Don't add the conditional formatting in this test.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have added the Page Level i.e Dim3_Page and not  the conditional formatting rule.I do not get an error and three tabs are generated as shown below

Page Level Pivot Table1.PNG

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems a bug. I did a lot of tests with different Qlik NPrinting versions and different kind conditional formatting and I'm now able to reproduce. The issue appears only with Pages, if you remove the Page field the issue disappears.

I'll let you know when it will be solved.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero