cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frits
Contributor
Contributor

Run nprinting report from task scheduler

I want to run a nprinting job from the windows task scheduler. This does not work when I select "Run whether user is logged on or not"  

The username and password are correct.  In the error log I read: 

Message Run Job: Report X
Application 8/22/2023 9:31:14 AM Message Run Task: Report X
Application 8/22/2023 9:33:14 AM Error Connection error to D:\qlikviewserver\03. Productie\qv_acceptatie\Report X; Server execution failed

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, I see what you are trying to do and....

1. Your approach applies only to archaic NPrinting 16.x version which is no longer supported nor it supports any of supported QlikView versions - that means your solution is not supported and likely will not work.
  2. Even if it would work and you would be able to isolate your environment so no software gets installed then it would still be unsupported. For it to be somehow sustainable you would need to run it on server without windows updates, without office updates, without QlikVIew updates, without  any patches etc...so it would be in state when NPrinting 16 was developed and tested. Obviously you would not run such configuration as PRODUCTION environment, right?
  3. What you are referring to was also quite unusual approach of running NPrinting report by running it using NPrinting exe and opening nsq file in hard client - not elegant method, but possible - I have seen it being triggered from Publisher.
  4. Even if you would insist of using NPrinting 16 then more elegant version would be use of QlikView server with OnDemand trigger - like this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Nprinting-XML-task-does-not-run/td-p/1124055
  5. Lastly - I would abandon this approach all together and first thing I would do would be plan to migrate to new/supported version of NPrinting.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. This is obviously custom setup you are using and not officially supported solution. So what is that solution? What code are you using or have written?

we dont know what you do there other than it is not working for you. 

Ball is back in your corner to give us information required - cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
frits
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Sorry, I am new to this.  I created a dos bat file with the command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Client\NPrinting.exe" /NprintingFile "D:\Nprinting Reporting\Connection\systeemperformance.nsq" /Job "Report X"

In the windows Task scheduler I created a task to run this. It runs fine when I use the option that it is only run when the user is logged on. But I choose for to run it also when the user is not, I get above error in the logging.  Perhaps it has something to do with nprinting.exe  needs a console or something.

I hope this is the info you need.

bye.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are still using QlikView NPrinting 16.* or earlier version. It is no more supported starting from March 2020. So plan a migration to a supported version as soon as possible. Details are in the help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, I see what you are trying to do and....

1. Your approach applies only to archaic NPrinting 16.x version which is no longer supported nor it supports any of supported QlikView versions - that means your solution is not supported and likely will not work.
  2. Even if it would work and you would be able to isolate your environment so no software gets installed then it would still be unsupported. For it to be somehow sustainable you would need to run it on server without windows updates, without office updates, without QlikVIew updates, without  any patches etc...so it would be in state when NPrinting 16 was developed and tested. Obviously you would not run such configuration as PRODUCTION environment, right?
  3. What you are referring to was also quite unusual approach of running NPrinting report by running it using NPrinting exe and opening nsq file in hard client - not elegant method, but possible - I have seen it being triggered from Publisher.
  4. Even if you would insist of using NPrinting 16 then more elegant version would be use of QlikView server with OnDemand trigger - like this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Nprinting-XML-task-does-not-run/td-p/1124055
  5. Lastly - I would abandon this approach all together and first thing I would do would be plan to migrate to new/supported version of NPrinting.

cheers