Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Qlikview SW and Qlikview Server is now Considered “Legacy Tool”

Hello Qlik Geeks,

Our company was told by Qlik Account Rep that "Qlikview SW and Qlikview Server is now Considered “Legacy Tool” ". May I know does it mean Qlik is discontinuing QlikView and we have to scrap all our QlikView apps or migrate to another BI tool? What is the timeline of Qlik discontinuing QlikView? 

Thank you in Advance,

CVR

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think there are any announced plans to discontinue QlikView for current users. What I think he meant by "Legacy Tool" is that Qlik is no longer enhancing QlikView with new features. Development of new features and capabilities is focused in Qlik Sense.

-Rob

View solution in original post

BrunPierre
Master
Master

To add to @rwunderlich response, Qlik no longer sells QlikView - You need to purchase Qlik Sense and then add the QlikView infrastructure, and all purchases are 12-month subscription.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think there are any announced plans to discontinue QlikView for current users. What I think he meant by "Legacy Tool" is that Qlik is no longer enhancing QlikView with new features. Development of new features and capabilities is focused in Qlik Sense.

-Rob

BrunPierre
Master
Master

To add to @rwunderlich response, Qlik no longer sells QlikView - You need to purchase Qlik Sense and then add the QlikView infrastructure, and all purchases are 12-month subscription.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@BrunPierre

Just to clarify, you should still be able to renew existing licenses. But not buy license for new installations.