Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kourosh_r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Average of aggregated count

Hi All,

I am new to Qlikview and have a requirement to calculate the average count of visitors for the last 6 months based on the user selection of the month.

For instance, If I choose Jan 2016 it should  calculate the average of  Jan2016, Dec2015,Nov2015,Oct2015,Sep2015,Aug2015.

what I have found and written is this

=Avg(Aggr(count( {<MonthYear={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear),-6),'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} Visitor_ID), MonthYear))

If I do not choose any month it works and gives me the average but when a month is selected it returns only the value of selected month not the average for the last 6 months. what am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

17 Replies
kourosh_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your time and sharing this link. It is well explained by Henric.

Regards,

-Kourosh

kourosh_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Sorry about that It was my typos in posting the problem. the format is 'MMM-YYYY' for the MonthYear field.  

Best

-Kourosh

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer and optionally Helpful Answers.

If not, please let us know with which part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!
kourosh_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It is partially answered by Sunny but it is not the completely resolved. I am marking his answer as correct but still I need to know how could I get the same result when I select the Month filed instead of MonthYear. That was my hesitation for not flagging the Correct Answer.

Thanks,

-Kourosh

sunny_talwar

You can try this:

=Avg({<MonthYear={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear),-6),'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, Month, Quarter, Year>} Aggr(count( {<MonthYear={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear),-6),'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, Month, Quarter, Year>} Visitor_ID), MonthYear))

Add all other date related fields where you might make a selection.

sunny_talwar

Look at my response above

kourosh_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Perfect. It was exactly what I was looking for!!!

I would appreciate it if you could tell me why adding these fields changed the behavior of the selection when they are not selecting anything.

Regard,

-Kourosh

kourosh_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I understood it , I was not clear about omitting the equal sign in front of a filed was an option. Thanks again!

-Kourosh