Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II

Convert EST Expression to Local Time Zone (CST)

I use an expression to get the datetime out of two separate numeric fields of date and time which is EST. How do I convert them to local timezone of Central US time? The expression I use gives me time in EST.

The expression I use is

Timestamp((DATE) + (Interval(Floor(Time#(Num(TIME_STRING, '000000'), 'hhmmss'),1/24), 'hh'))

,'MM/DD/YYYY hh TT')

I tried two methods to get it in CST but it did not give me the desired result:

1. I used the ConvertToLocalTime function but it messes up the times. Probably I need to convert into some standard format before applying this? Not sure.

2. I subtract an hour from above expression using -1/24,'MM/DD/YYYY - hh TT'), but the problem here is when I create a table with the datetime field, I get 11 PM of the previous day in the list when I should show it from 12 AM today (1PM EST) instead as data is technically 'today's data'.

Please let me know if there is an alternative method.

1 Reply
balabhaskarqlik

May be try with these:

Examples:

ConvertToLocalTime(’2007-11-10 23:59:00’,’Paris’) returns ’2007-11-11 00:59:00’ and the corresponding internal timestamp representation.

ConvertToLocalTime(UTC(), ’GMT-05:00’) returns the time for the North American east coast, e.g. New York.

ConvertToLocalTime(Date, 'GMT-06:00') as DateConverted;

converttolocaltime(converttolocaltime(fieldname,'UTC'),'Pacific Time (USA & Canada)');

OR

ABC:

LOAD     *,

ConvertToLocalTime( Date, 'Central Time (US & Canada)') as DateConverted;

LOAD *,

Date#( SDATE, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as Date;

OR

You could try it with the function converttolocaltime() but if you have only a few timezone offsets then you could simply add the hour-offset to your LoginTime, like:

LoginTime + (1/24 * pick(match(TimeZone, 2, 3), 5, -7))

Check this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFunctions/c...