Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauluk__
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do I enforce a timeout on a SQL query/connection?

Hi all

I'm trying to enforce a timeout in QlikView on a query which executes a stored procedure in Microsoft SQL Server.

In the connection string builder I have put both a connection timeout and general timeout but neither of these appear in the connection string that is built when I press OK.

After looking around I have tried the below parameters in the string but none seem to work:

QueryTimeout=10

Timeout=10

Connection Timeout=10

I have tried this on OLE DB SQL and ODBC and none of these seem to affect the timeout. Has anyone managed to do this successfully?

Thanks,

Paul.

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be look about "SLEEP"

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
marcus_sommer

If I look on this: Re: Qlik Sense - Timeout loading data from SQL it should be in general possible but both the oledb/odbc-driver and the database must support these commands whereby it's important that the database sends an error to qlikview and not just silently exit the query.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Most options and parameters in OLE DB/ODBC connection strings belong specifically to the RDBMS you are trying to talk to, and are of no meaning to QlikView.

You can check whether MS SQL Server supports a connection timeout option by either visiting all "advanced" configuration tabs in the driver (by preference the Native SQL Driver) or by visiting a web site like http://www.connectionstrings.com and navigating to the proper forums/pages for your RDBMS. There are different areas for different SQL Server releases.