Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number format of null symbol

Hi Experts,

Question:

I have percentages, numbers and decimals in my chart. The requirement is whenever there is a null value it should display as 0% for percentage, 0 for number and 0.0 for decimal.

Tried Solutions:

1. replaced null symbol by '0'. This does not change the data format.

2. Used the Alt() function. This does change the format but somehow gives the zero values as well (I have checked the 'suppress zero values' in presentation tab)

I can not think of any other solution. Any help is appreciated. 🙂

Thanks

Brian

3 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Try to use if condition in your expression or please share your sample app

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I have percentages, numbers and decimals in my chart. The requirement is whenever there is a null value it should display as 0% for percentage, 0 for number and 0.0 for decimal.

What cases should be?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

NULL means that there is nothing what could be displayed in whatever formatting. This meant you need to replace this NULL in any way. Depending on your datamodel and which result should be displayed in which objects you could replace missing values wihin the script and/or within your gui-expressions.

Your used alt() is already quite suitable for such a case - further function-options for such things might be if-loops and range-functions. For using in QlikView objects it might be useful to return a value of something like 0.000001 instead of a pure 0 which avoids trouble with the 'suppress zero values' option.

- Marcus