Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pulling data for custom segment from Google Analytics. BUMP

I am trying to pull some custom segment data from Google Analytics (GA). I am using Google Analytics Query Explorer 2, to generate and test my query. I am able to get sample data using the 'Get Data' button in query explorer. But when I am using that query after url-encoding (Url Encode/Decode online) in my qlikview script, I am not able to get any data. If I just remove the segment (i.e. %26segment%3Dgaid%253A%253XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) from my query, I am getting the data.

Can someone help me getting data for custom segments into QlikView?

Thanks

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sandy - let's see if we can get someone to take a look at this. I will move your request to the QlikView support forum.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

QlikView Support Forum - I am BUMPING this thread - with hopes someone can help Sandy. She has most of the work down already, however there seems to be an issue (maybe with the encoding) when a parameter is used in the URL for the GA call.

It may be something simple like an & or a ? - is there someone that can assist?

Thanks

Mike

Qlik

BUMP!!!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I had raised a ticket with Qlikview and they mentioned that since we are using QVSource which is a third party connector to pull custom segment data in Qlikview, I need to check with QVSource support.

Thanks!

Janaki Venkitasubramanian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I've found a way, if you want, you can see here:

http://bit.ly/1PQZ0Wj

Best Regards,