Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView desktop unresponsive while fetching even 1 row

I am connecting Postgres 9.1.22 using 64 bit ODBC driver. In PostgresSQL we have huge table which has 80 GB size and 100 million rows. If I tried to fetch even 1 rows using QlikView my desktop application hangs forever. We tried it for 2 hours then killed task.

Any idea if there are issues with QlikView ODBC driver? Please suggest if any better driver can help in resolving this issue. OLEDB / JDBC preferred opensource driver.

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you look Direct Discovery ‒ QlikView

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

"Any idea if there are issues with QlikView ODBC driver?"

Which version of the Qlik ODBC Connector package are you using? The current package doesn't seem to support PostgreSQL 9.1, only versions 8.4, 9.2 and 9.4.

See PostgreSQL ‒ Qlik Connectors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paresh, if all else fails you could try introducing an export process into your ETL layer, maybe a CSV chopped into sensible sizes. Does your data change or is most of it static?