Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reference Line

Hi

I wonder if it's possible in a scatter plot the line : Y = X to share my plot thanks to the first diagonal line.

thanks for any help

Jean-Jacques

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Jean-Jacques,

There is a fairly simple solution to your problem; you add a linear reference line to a fouth expression. In an XY plot, the first expression represents the X-axist, the second the Y axis and the third the size.

If you add a fourth expression that is a copy of the first, i.e. the x axis it will not be visible, but it is part of the solution. When you add a liniar reference line to the fourth expression, it will be drawn as X = Y as that is its expression.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, does anyone know how to do a diagonal reference line in a scatter chart?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Here are some X=Y Diagonal Lines in a Scatter Plot. I'm going to keep working on it, but right now for it to work you need to have a point selected that is at (0,0) for it to work, but if you naturally don't have this, you should be able to generate it in the script.

Regards.

Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Jean-Jacques,

There is a fairly simple solution to your problem; you add a linear reference line to a fouth expression. In an XY plot, the first expression represents the X-axist, the second the Y axis and the third the size.

If you add a fourth expression that is a copy of the first, i.e. the x axis it will not be visible, but it is part of the solution. When you add a liniar reference line to the fourth expression, it will be drawn as X = Y as that is its expression.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Christian!

Brilliant solution! This really helped me as well!

/Elsy

Not applicable
Author

Waou ! very tricky !

thanks Christian ! it's nice to wait almost 2 years for a such answer.

JJ

clisboa_noesis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I know it's been more than a year but...

Just a hint, if you show the equation for the linear line you can see that it's not exactly X=Y but close enough (y = 1x+1.81e-12 in my case).

Regards,

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian,

It's working well.

Thanks!!!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this solution.  Exactly what I needed!

Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am glad to hear, Lorna! Thank you!