Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subtracting two variables.

Hi! I am new in Qlikview and I am having some troubles with variables.

I need to calculate the diference between the same variable evaluated in two differents dates. 

I think it would be something like: f(x) - f(x-1)

where f is the variable

x= Year($(vMaxDate))

x-1= =Year($(vMaxDate), -1)

This is the variable (which is also a division):

=$(vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2(Evolution ,Evolution))/$(vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2(Evolution ,Evolution))

Any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

To expand my answer: yes, it's difficult (and time-consuming) to modify this variables but maybe there is a possibility to add a paremeter to the vAdoptionMinDate, vAdoptionMaxDate and vAdoptionStartRollingYear variables (and by extension to vAdoptionRangeDate, vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2 and vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2; these ones should receive the parameter to pass it to the variables this variables contains).

Also changing $(vMaxDate) to a new parametrized variable that, using the same parameter as the previous variables, returns the Max date for Year($(vMaxDate)) or Year($(vMaxDate))-1, based on the parameter it receives.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi esther, vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2 and vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2 seems parametrized variables, I think the new conditions should be inserted in those variables, it can be done adding a 3rd parameter for the year or creating 2 different variables: one for max year and another for the previous.

In any case I will need to check what those variables contains because the modification should be done in those variables ( vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2 and vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2).

Regards.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This isn't correct: =Year($(vMaxDate), -1). If you want to subtract 1 from the year of the max date you use: =Year($(vMaxDate))-1. If you want the year of the day before the max date you use =Year($(vMaxDate) -1)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Could be something like below:

=sum(aggr(

sum( {<PRI_CALENDAR_END={">=$(vStartDate)"}, PRI_CALENDAR_START={"<=$(vEndDate)"}>}

Interval( if( PRI_CALENDAR_END > vEndDate, vEndDate, PRI_CALENDAR_END ) - if( PRI_CALENDAR_START < vStartDate, vStartDate, PRI_CALENDAR_START ) )

), SLINIENR) )

Thanks,

AS

PrashantSangle

Hi,

If you are using Year() then as Gysbert point out Year() take only 1 parameter not 2.

If this is not your case.

then can you post $(vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2) and $(vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2) definition????

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben, thanks for your answer.

The variables are:

vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2:

Sum({$<$(vAdoptionRangeDate($1,$2,$3)),[Employee Position Type]=,[Profile]=,[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=, [Employee]=, [Profile]={'Sales','Medical','Marketing','MarketAccess'}, [QlikView Login Application]=, [Feed Record Type]=,[Chatter Origin]=, Origin = {'Employee History'}, [Employee EMEA] = {'No'} ,[Employee Is Active] = {'Yes'}>}[Counter])

vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2:

Sum({$<$(vAdoptionRangeDate($1,$2)),[Employee Position Type]=, [Profile]={'Sales','Medical','Marketing','MarketAccess'},[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=,[Employee]=,[Employee Is Active] = {'Yes'}, Origin = {'Call'}, [Growth YearMonth]= {">=$(vMinYearMonth) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)"}, [Employee YearMonth Id] = {"=Sum({$<MonthYear=,[Employee Position Type]=,[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Profile]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=,[Employee]=,Month=,Year=,Origin = {'Call'}>}[Parent Call Counter]) >= 1"}>}[Employee Counter])

Not applicable
Author

vAdoptionRangeDate($1,$2,$3):

$(=If('$1' = 'KPI', '$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Growth MonthYear]=,[Date]={">=$(=$(vAdoptionStartRollingYear(KPI)))<=$(=$(vMaxDate))"}',

If('$1' = 'Cluster', '[Country]=,[Region]=,[Cluster]=p(),$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

If('$1' = 'EMEA', '[Country]=,[Cluster]=,[Region]=,$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

If('$1' = 'Evolution','$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Growth Calendar Difference]={"0"},[Date]={">=$(=$(vAdoptionStartRollingYear(KPI)))<=$(=$(vMaxDate))"}',

If('$1' = 'Region','[Territory Nominal Function]=,[Territory Nominal Franchise]=,[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=,[Employee]=,$(vAdoptionResetRegion($3)),$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

If('$1' = 'L5','[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=,[Employee]=,$(vAdoptionResetHighTerritory),$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

'$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}')))))))

Not applicable
Author

I dont really think is a good idea to try to modify those variables...

I was looking for a string or function that allows me to subtract both results, I can evaluate the variables if I select different values for the field YearMonth. The issue is calculating the diference.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Max, thanks for you answer.

The variables are huge, I do not really think I should change them.

If a select diffetent values in the field YearMonth, the varibles are evaluted for the each value respectively.

Then, I was more looking for a way to store/save the results and substract them. May be like a function, string or set analysis. 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

(A-B) and Rangesum( A, -B) will subtract B from A.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand