cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vardhan1305
Contributor II
Contributor II

not able to open the excel file after extracting it

Hi . Im trying to extract the table in excel and cant open the excel sheet as its giving me an error "File format is not valid".please help me on this.

2 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi

What is the format of the excel?

Do you try with any other excel?

Create some new sheet in the excel that you have the error, and try to load?

First, recommend this few points

Fernando

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Vardhan, is the file being created an xls, xlsx or csv?  If you have access to the QlikView Server machine, you should be able to check the Temp folder from the QMC\System\Setup\QVS resource\Folders tab and check the Temp path, if it is blank, then things should be writing to ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Temp in that case, you can check to see what is showing up there and maybe grab a copy from there to see if that opens or not, as if it does, then I would venture something is happening when we push the file from the server to the client...  Best I have as a starting point to try to narrow things down a bit further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.