Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Waterfall Chart Offest Using Dimensions

Luminary
Luminary

Waterfall Chart Offest Using Dimensions

Here is a simple example showing how to create a waterfall chart with a single expression and dimensions (within a drill down group)

I hope its helpful and I would love to hear your comments

Richard

qlikcentral | Create / Inform

Attachments
Comments
thierrytt
Contributor

ok thanks, useful.

however, how would you add a "total" bar ?

thx for your help

Luminary
Luminary

You could add the expression sum(total Value) although this bar will appear across all dimensions.

This could be made to look better by using a reference line (presentation tab) as the total using the calculation above.

Usually waterfall charts are made up by writing several expressions with a single where as this example looks to use a single expression allowing the dimension to be flexible and in this case grouped into a drill down. Depending on your needs you may find a simpler waterfall chart example suits your requirements more.

Another more complex option would be to add a total dimension row into the data which can be picked up by the chart.

saran7de
Contributor III

Your Bar Offset formula, came as handy for me. You saved my time.. Thanks..

zhadrakas
Valued Contributor

thanks

jonopitchford
New Contributor III

This was useful.

not sure if it helps anyone now but you can add a totals bar by adding some dimension tables like this:

Capture.PNG

for example

then change the dimension to [1 Level R] and the bar offset expression becomes:

=if([1 Level R] = 'Total',0,sum(total Value) - sum(Value)- rangesum(above(sum(Value),1,RowNo()-1)))

something along these lines should get you the Total bar on the waterfall chart

Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Jonathan!

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎12-02-2013 12:00 PM
Updated by: