When there is a handover of a Qlikview project from one developer to the next it is highly recommended to add some documentation about the project. The Documentation Module exists out of a check list with the questions a developer could ask after taking over a project and an excel template which provides a structure on how to document a Qlikview app. Some example questions that should be documented are:
- What is the business case - goal of the app?
- What is the description of each table in the datamodel of the app?
- What is the description of a field?
- What is the unique record identifier of a table?
- Which extensions are used?
- Helps you to demonstrate that you actually understand what you have build by being able to write a concise and clear documentation
- A minimal extra workload provides a maximum of value
- Document everything in one place
- A checklist
- A structured document
- The documentation has the scope of one single QlikView app
The Documentation Module is part of the QvM - Qlikview Modules project template.
Thanks for your feedback and comments.
Have fun Qlik'n, Koen