Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Error: Object Reference not set to an instance to an object

Hi All,

Currently I am creating a excel template in Nprinting. While previewing the document I am getting following error

error1.png

I am went through the log files and I am not able to figure out the cause behind it

error.png

Need help to resolve this issue

Thanks and Regards,

Bhargav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems a bug. I did a lot of tests with different Qlik NPrinting versions and different kind conditional formatting and I'm now able to reproduce. The issue appears only with Pages, if you remove the Page field the issue disappears.

I'll let you know when it will be solved.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

is any column name is added or updated?

select the object in designer tab leftside

and select table right click and update --if you found any rows/columns updated

re drag the columns and do preview

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade your installation to February 2018 because the error message there is more clear due to a solved bug:

The error message "Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object" was not clear

Qlik NPrinting Engine log messages related to metadata reload failures due to wrong or missing Qlik Sense objects have been improved.

You can also check if you deleted a Qlik Sense object used in the report template.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Chanty,

Thanks for Replying

I updated the Table objects and also I recreated the tables in the Template.

The issue is that when I was applying Conditional Formatting rule it gives me the error

Regards,

Bhargav

bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Rugerro ,

Thanks for Replying

Currently I am having September 2017 version.So is this a known bug for this version.

The issue is that when I was applying Conditional Formatting rule it gives me the error and if I delete it the error does'nt appear

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

My suggestion is to upgrade your installation to latest version and then replicate before doing other investigations.

BR,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
chris_andersson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

You should check if you need to apply a filter in NPrint that corresponds to the conditional formatting you have.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Please follow Ruggero's advice above regarding the suggested to upgrade and to check if any objects have been removed or updated in the NP report.

You should also check the following as these can cause this error as well:

• Invalid filters Error "Wrong content node response type" or report preview & task failures
  • Filters that contain no data
  • Master items moved to an app must remain in the app in order for NPrinting to process the object. When removed, errors will occur since master items do not have Sense IDs
  • An unsupported Qlik Sense extension is used in the App. This must be removed
  • Invalid formulas in public or private sheets. Try removing all sheets that are not needed. Private sheet with invalid formulas are read by NPrinting and can cause this issue.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bhargav_bhat
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have upgraded to the latest version i.e Nprinting February 2018. And I tried to replicate the same formatting in February version and I am getting same error .The below screenshot contains the details

Basically we want this  kind of Conditional Formatting in Pivot table.If Dim1 value is suppose XYZ then its complete row should be highlighted in green as shown below

Pivot table  excel.PNG

Now to achieve this we have applied conditional formatting rule as shown below

conditional formatting rule.PNG

Also the below is the Nprinting template

Pivot Table Nprinting formatting.PNG

the Conditional  Formatting works perfectly for this Template but as soon as we add a Field in Page level as shown below we get an error.For example Dim3_page in this case

Nprinting Page level Pivot tbale.PNG

Error.PNG

Can you please help me resolve this issue

Regards,

Bhargav

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on the screenshot of the template you posted, the issue is not generated by the conditional formatting.

Could you share a screenshot of the template with all the  nodes on the left column expanded?

Based on what I sees I suppose you would that the tag Dim1 is expanded as different columns on the right. This doesn't work by design. Qlik NPrinting expand the rows, not the columns.

You should follow the instructions on the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreatePivotTableExcelTabl... to create a native Excel pivot table in the report and format it by using Excel formatting features.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero