Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly

Hello

On the Management console i have the error Reload engine down.  On the server i can see that the distribution service is stopped and will not restart.  I get the error above

and in more detail below.  There also were some microsoft patched applied at the weekend.  The only other thing i can think of is that the comsultant upgraded the desktop software on Friday.

Can you think what might be possibly causing the issue below? Or how to check

Many thanks

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Qlikview Distribution Service

Date:          17/12/2019 13:19:52

Event ID:      0

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DCL1-QLIK-WV03.3i.3igroup.com

Startup failure. Read the log file and/or event log for determinating the cause of this problem. Note! The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService". Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at QDSMain.Clustering.NotificationFiles.TaskNotificationFile.LoadTasks(IEnumerable`1 fileNames)

at QDSMain.Clustering.NotificationFiles.TaskNotificationFile.Initialize()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)

at QDSMain.Clustering.NotificationFiles.DefaultMasterNotificationFile.InitializeWithSubscription(Action`1 initNotificationSubscription)

at QDSMain.Clustering.DefaultClusterNotification.Initialize()

at QDSMain.MainClass.CheckAndInitializeEnviroment(ILogBucket logBucket, ClusterRegistration clusterReg)

at QDSMain.MainClass.Run()

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

In those situations, I would start looking at our KB in the Qlik Support Portal (https://support.qlik.com/). There you can find articles like this one that matches your error: 

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000047413

Please, try the solution and let us know if it solves your issue.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Paul, this one would appear to be something gone wrong in the QDS Application Data folder/files, probably the most expedient means of trying to resolve things would be to recreate that folder, what you lose in doing this is your log history, but if you archive the contents to an archive folder, you can use the Governance Dashboard etc. to still load up that history to make use of things.  

To do this, simply stop the QDS service, rename the Application Data folder, then restart the service, it should recreate things using information from the QMS and QVPR files, but again, your task history will be starting as if it were a fresh environment, so be sure to let the developers/other admins know, so you do not get hit with a ton of questions.  

You can try to find the offending object, but I have not had much luck in doing so myself in the past.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.