Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickyK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Windows task Scheduler job not running in Qlik server

Hi All,

Greetings!!

I have created a windows task using the service account and scheduled it on daily basis around 09:00 AM.

below the batch file used:

"D:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /l "\\naspqvlrd\QVSource\portfolio\Loading\financial.qvw"

Issue: job did not start and status is showing in ready state only. While manually running the task its showing running but no result. Task history shows that Task scheduler completed successfully.

Need more understanding of the below batch file:

"D:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /l "\\naspqvlrd\QVSource\portfolio\Loading\financial.qvw"

As per my understanding, it will open the qv.exe file(that is empty Qlikview file) first and opens the QVW file(financial.qvw) in that empty QV file which is provided in shared path.

D:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe"

Observations: I could see Qlikview software is installed/placed in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe but not in the "D drive"(like above batch file path)

is it the problem that unable to find the location of the QV file in C drive to run the job?

appreciate your help!

Regards,

RickyK

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need to adress the correct to the qv.exe file.

For more syntax running Qv.exe see this link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Starting_QlikView...

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@RickyK 

You have to use the path to where you have QlikView Desktop installed. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You need to adress the correct to the qv.exe file.

For more syntax running Qv.exe see this link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Starting_QlikView...

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@RickyK 

You have to use the path to where you have QlikView Desktop installed. 

RickyK
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Vegar and Maria.

It's working now after addressed to the correct file(qv.exe) location