Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Organigram : how to get the child nodes

Hello,

I have this organigram based on a table with following fields : SECTION - FATHER - NAME.

And this is enough to display the organigram in our our application :

organigram.png

In Qlikview, I use the "Hierarchy" syntax, and it is OK, I get an organigram.

I have 2 questions :

1- In my table, I had to add 2 redundant "path" and "depth" fields.  And for each record, I had to specify the corresponding hierarchy "TOP/GROUPE HOSPITALIER/ DEPARTEMENT INFIRMIER..." in the field "path" and compute the corresponding "depth"...  It works. But is it really necessary to do and maintain that ? With child/parent information, it should be sufficient to get all the hierarchy.

2- Using the "HierarchyBelongsTo" syntax, I get for one service, all his parents up to the top.  OK, but what we need is just the opposite : when selecting a departement, I would like to get all his services, even those located at the lowest level.

Thanks for any help,

Denis

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You shouldn't need to maintain the path and depth field, these should be generated when using the HIERARCHY LOAD prefix.

Also, AFAIR, using the HierarchyBelongsTo LOAD prefix, you should be able to select entire subtrees.

Maybe it's just a matter of how you used the parameters to the LOAD prefixes.

Could you upload some sample data records and your currents script?

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe helpful:

Using lookup

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Here are the data (Firebird database) :

The SECTION_DEPTH seems to be optional, as I clear from the table all section_depths or if I remove the reference in the Hierarchy procedure, it is still OK.

But the SECTION_PATH seems to be obligatory.  If I remove the section_path field from the Hierarchy function, the organigram is not OK.

Here is the script (with "select" instead of "load", as I read data from Firebird database with ODBC).

section_hierarchy:

Hierarchy (SECTIONKEY,

FATHER_SECTION,

SECTIONNAME,

SECTIONKEY,

mySECTION_PATH,

'|',          

mySECTION_DEPTHEPTH)

SELECT

"SECTION" as SECTIONKEY,

"NAME" as SECTIONNAME,

FATHER as FATHER_SECTION,

SECTION_PATH as mySECTION_PATH,

SECTION_DEPTH as mySECTION_DEPTH

FROM "SECTION" as SECTIONTREE;

section_ancestors:

HierarchyBelongsTo(SECTIONKEY,

FATHER_SECTION,

SECTIONNAME,

ANCESTOR_ID,

ANCESTORNAME)

SELECT

"SECTION" as SECTIONKEY,

"NAME" as SECTIONNAME,

FATHER as FATHER_SECTION

from "SECTION" as ANCESTORLIST;

Here is the result in the interface for the organigram and the ancestors list. 

interface.png

In this example, we see that if we select "1045", we get the 3 upper nodes 1035,1044,1045.  We would like to get 1045, 1049 and 1050 instead.

I hope this could help.

Denis

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Up to now, no answer to my questions : how to get child nodes in an organigram ?

We just need the oposite of "HierarchyBelongsTo".

With no answer to this question, we will not use QlikView with our application StaffPlanner and it will not be promoted to 50 organisations using StaffPlanner, as StaffPlanner is mainly based on organigram management.

Thanks for any help,

Denis

MarcoWedel

selecting a collapsed mySECTION_PATH node in its tree view list box will select all children as well, that's default behaviour coming without any scripting efforts ...

QlikCommunity_Thread_215281_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_215281_Pic3.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco