Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw

dfoster9
Valued Contributor

License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw

The QlikView Management Console is a great tool for configuring your QlikView environment, but one thing it is not great at, ironically, is analysing your usage of licenses. In particular analysing your use allocation of document cals is a bit of a pain as you look at each user document individually. This document shows you how to get access to the license allocation data and present it in a way that is clear and concise.

Update: Add a new check on full users who have allocated document cals

Update: 2015/03/18 Author: Colin_Albert

Attachments
Comments
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this David, a very useful tool,. I had to add my paths to the Main tab in the load script to get it to work though. Well done.

dfoster9
Valued Contributor

Thanks Geoff, glad you liked it. I will make that correction when I have a minute.

Not applicable

Hi David

Been having a further look at this and trying to work out why LastUsedDate is displaying as a bunch of hashes in some cases. After wrangling with the hex dates for a while I had a go at reproducing the problem and got the table shown in screen shot. Any idea why it's displaying the hashes?

Not applicable

Doh! Just needed to twek the column width a bit.

Not applicable

Hi David,

Hi I cant fine Qlikview_Docs\AccessPoint     path..

I have changed settings.ini file , restarted service but i cant find CalData.pgo.xml

dfoster9
Valued Contributor

Hi Faisal

1)     Have you restarted the QMS service after changing the settings.ini file?

2)     Accesspoint is the default name for the Root folder. You can check in QMC server settings/folders for the  ROOT folder. 

Great tool.

Not applicable

Hi David, This is great,,,, now One Request?    Can we have the ability to sort column last used or week,, so we know who is not using it for last few months (i.e) and get that list sorted when we download?

fheidenstecker
Contributor II

Great Tool,

thanks for sharing!

dfoster9
Valued Contributor

Feel free to have a go at this

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-11-2013 03:45 AM