QlikView - Performance Dashboard

Following on from my previous submissions, QlikView Performance Monitoring and How to set up Windows Performance Monitor For QlikView Servers I have created a new Performance Dashboard. Where this differs from the System Monitor is that it includes Windows Perfmon Metrics for a more indepth / granular view of the QlikView system - including CPU, RAM, Disk, Process (QVS and QVB) in addition to User / Document / Reload stats extracted fromt he QlikView Logs.

QV Performance Dashboard.JPG

The attached QV-Perf-Dashboard.qvw document includes a few days of data so you can get a feel of how it works.

Also attached are the supporting files / documents / include files in zip:

BF_CI_List.xls

This spreadsheet lists the Servers and their Role (i.e Publishers, QlikView Server etc). It's used to map these in the main dashboard.

Calendar.qvw, CalendarModelSettings.inc & SpecialDates.xlsx

These are used to create a calendar QVD for use within the Dashboard.

DataViz_Log_processing.qvw

This parses the QlikView Events, Performance and Sessions logs. The folder 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech' on each server needs to be shared and defined in the script i.e \\SERVERNAME\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\

DataViz_Reload-Log_processing.qvw

This parse the log files on the Publisher Server(s). The folder 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech' on each server needs to be shared and defined in the script i.e \\PUBLISHERNAME\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\

DataViz_Perfmon_processing.qvw

This parses the Windows Permon Logs. Refer to How to set up Windows Performance Monitor For QlikView Servers and the attached template CATS_DataViz_QlikView.xml to set up collection of Perfmon metrics. Again the folder where the logs will be saved needs to be shared and then updated in the script.

DataViz_TODAY_processing.qvw

This will do parse the above logs for Todays date so the dashboard can be reloaded and update many times throughout the day or on a ad-hoc basis to provide a view that is almost realtime.

ColoursAndStyles.inc, DataVizDashboardSettings.inc & WindowsProcessing.inc are include files that are used in the Dashboard and other qvw's.

A working knowledge of QlikView Design & Development is required to update these files to taylor them to your system.