I recently had the necessity to create a visual calendar on qlikview to see at a glance the employees on holidays.
I did not find much on the web, so I just wanted to share this job (not difficult but a bit tricky).
These are the main features:
- Based on a pivot table, a calendar displays the week days with the day number and the names of the employees on holidays
- Since it is just a table, you can filter it by any dimension and display for instance just the employees of Group A
- Saturdays and Sundays have a darker background
- National holidays (specified in the script) are highlighted in red
- The background changes from greenish to reddish depending on how many employees are on holidays
Any advice/suggestion to improve it is very welcome!