Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craggus
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Report 'levels' function - how do I filter out null values?

Morning,

I am trying to set up a basic Nprint report which shows all invoices generated per customer... in order to do this I have added a Level into the report.

Snap 2020-04-02 at 11.03.03.png

When the report runs, it includes ALL customers even those that have no sales / invoices.

Snap 2020-04-02 at 11.05.53.png

The source table in Qlik Sense is set to ignore null values, so only those customers with sales / invoices are displayed. How do I replicate this in the NPrinting report, so that customers with no sales / invoices are ignored? I cannot find any Nprinting options to enable me to do this.

Thanks

Craig

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

instead of using the field in the level , 

you can use  a table in the level 

the table should have the customer as dimension and and expression that makes sure you only display the relevant customers 

or you can create a filter on the field customer which filter only relevant customers you 

advanced search capabilities 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

instead of using the field in the level , 

you can use  a table in the level 

the table should have the customer as dimension and and expression that makes sure you only display the relevant customers 

or you can create a filter on the field customer which filter only relevant customers you 

advanced search capabilities 

craggus
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll take a look into that now.
What do you mean by "advanced search capabilities" ?
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

it means you can create advanced filters like 

in customer field you can use "=sum(sales)>10000" and only get customers who's sales amount is larger then 10,000

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
craggus
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Lironbaram - your suggestion to use a table in the level (rather than the customer field) worked perfectly, thanks very much!

Craig