Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More

Close Document Session

Luminary
Luminary

Close Document Session

Hi,

I've built a document extension that allows you to close the ajax session when closing the browser or browser tab.

There's another document extension in the forum that never worked for me that's why I put this new document extension together.

You can download the extension from here or my blog. (the latter will always be the most updated version)

JV

Attachments
Comments

Thanks Q L.

What is main advantages of doing so?

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Kush,

This is useful for when users don't click on the "Close" button on the top right hand side of the report. If they don't click Close when they finish using the reports, the session will still be active and it will consume resources (CPU and Memory). If you have a small amount of users the this might no be a problem, but personally, I don't like wasting resources.

To summarize, this document extension simulates the "Close" action when closing your browser tab or window.

JV

Not applicable

Found a problem, after I applied this extensions, Ajax in IE, cyclic change not working, only select from right click not working. Suddenly got complained by users...LOL

0 Likes
paulovendruscol
Contributor

This extension is not working in cell (safari / chrome)

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Paulo. Do you mean the extension does not work on cell/mobile phones? This is possible as it has only been developed and tested on desktop browsers. You are more than welcome to modify it and share it in the community or Qlik Branch.

Juan

paulovendruscol
Contributor

Hi Juan. Exact.

I imagined that the extension would be functional for mobile as well.

tks

0 Likes
jcrafford
New Contributor

Hi Juan,

Is this extension valid for IE and Chrome? And for all versions of the browsers?

Regards

Johan

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Johan, this extension is outdated and I recommend you use it with caution. It should work in both IE and Chrome.

Juan

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-09-18 06:58 AM
Updated by: