Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Extension to copy cell values in Ajax

danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Extension to copy cell values in Ajax

Ajax is missing the "Copy cell value" functionality available in the IE Plugin/QV Developer.

This extension allows you to get the value of a cell and easily copy it to the clipboard. You should first click on the link, then right click on the cell you want to copy and then copy the input window value.

There is still some layout work to do, updates will probably follow.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
marwen_garwachi
Contributor II

Hello danielrozental,

i'm on personnal Edition, is it possible to get a macro ?

Thanks in advance

danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Sorry but I don't understand, Macro's only work for the IE Plugin/Developer. There will be no need to port this as a macro since this functionality is already provided natively in those clients.

marwen_garwachi
Contributor II

so can i use the fonctionnality in Personnal Edition ?

danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Yes, just do right click on a cell and select copy cell value.

marwen_garwachi
Contributor II

If you have more than 5000 copy/past  to do, right click takes (2sec)*5000 = +/- 3hours 

danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Then copy the entire table.

javier_florian
Contributor III

Does that extension works with server connection? Where I save zip file?

danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Javier, yes, just like any extension in can be used in the developer in webview mode or in qlikview server through the ajax client.

Inside the zip file you will find a QlikView Extension (QAR file extension) and a sample QVW that has the extension already included as an object.

To install an extension on the desktop just double click the QAR file, to install it on a server please follow this explanation here http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1866 or here QlikTip #40: Installing/Deploying QlikView Extensions.

rva_heldendaten
Contributor III

Just released a Document Extension for this issue:

See my (german) blog for details: Qlikview, Roambi & mobile BI Blog von heldendaten: Copy to Clipboard Document Extension for QlikView

dafnis14
Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible to use your extension in English too?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-09-2013 09:05 AM
Updated by: