A picture is worth a thousand words

I have been a member of this forum for nearly 18 months now.  I get a tremendous amount of value reading and learning from the challenges of some and the wisdom of others.  I will have to say, I get the greatest benefit when posts and discussions use screen shots.

Sometimes it is hard to articulate the problem you are having with words, but simply using a couple screen shots can give the experts on this forum all they need to help you solve your problem.  On the other hand, I have also discovered that when I use screen shots to help others, pretty often my answers are marked as helpful or correct.

The easiest tool to use is likely already on your computer.

snipping tool.PNG

I have the Snipping Tool pinned to my task bar for easy access and use it many times per day.  Simply click on the tool, lasso what you would like to capture and it drops your selection into its editor. You can then highlight or free hand use a pen to draw attention to areas.  Save your file as a .png or copy and paste it right to an e-mail or Office program.

snipping tool 2.PNG

To get your picture into a discussion, you have to click on the camera in the discussion header and browse to the folder that contains your image

snipping tool 3.PNG

Once you have the image in your post, you can resize using normal picture formatting

So, the next time you are creating a new discussion or sharing some of your wisdom, try including a couple screen shots.  Because, a picture is worth a thousand words...