Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Export Current Selections to Excel by Default

drjoffily
New Contributor III

Export Current Selections to Excel by Default

Hi all, I decided to post this document because I was searching for a solution on how to configure QVS to export the current selection to Excel from AccessPoint by default.

Unfortunately the only thing I found in the community (maybe I didn't look hard enough) was to set it up on the desktop level.

So, here it is...

If you want to have the current selections exported (at the bottom of your document) every time you export something to Excel from any document in AccessPoint you need to:

1. Stop Qlikview Server service
  2. Edit Settings.ini which is, usually, located under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer
  3. Add the two lines below under [Settings 7] (I don't think it really matters where you add the two lines below)

AllowSessionCollaboration=1

SelectionStampInBIFFExport=1

4.  Save the file

5.  Start Qlikview Server service

You should see something like the screenshot below next time you export something to Excel

Export to Excel.png

Comments
drojasromero
New Contributor

This works great for me!

Thanks Marcos!!

prashantbaste
Contributor II

Hello Marcos

I believe you are doing great.

I have an issue of 'send to Excel' option on access-point. Some times it works & some times it is not working, even right click is not showing any option.

But this is not happening to all reports uploaded. It happens for 1-2 (outof 200 reports). Could you please suggest why this happens & how it can be overcome?

Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,

Prashant P Baste

danielson_silva
New Contributor

Doing this way, it affects all the projects in the server. How could I change the parameters to allow the filters to export to Excel file only for one certain project?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎05-13-2015 08:16 PM
Updated by: