Qlik Community, Many updates have been made to our Qlik Community over past few months. We hope you continue to enjoy all the updates. In 2021 we plan to launch ideation so that you can send us your ideas for improvements to the community platform itself. We know this is long overdue.
I am mostly thrilled about our new live events being hosted by Qlik Community team and in partnership with our Digital Support team you now also have a wonderful chance to get to know members of our support team (love that they turn on the video camera!). I'd like to thank my partner in crime@Courtney_Cromleyfor being a true advocate of community. Also, must thank @sue_macaluso and@Wlad_Masifor helping so much with the execution of each event. Then there is@Jamie_Gregorywho works tirelessly to teach, train and explain the rules of the event to all participants not to mention all her product knowledge and by the way, her blog posting is on fire!!! Truthfully, we've been talking about these live events for well over a year now and to see it come to fruition is extremely gratifying. Be sure to check out the Talk to Experts page on our community for details.
Support ProgramsBe sure to subscribe to the new landing page for Support Programs which highlights all the various event and content initiatives being driven out of the support organization. TheSupport Knowledge Basehouses hundreds of 'official' articles authored by Support Engineers and R&D.
The Big Data Index forum has been archived
The Data Market Document board been archived
Updates to Nav on right rail
Tag Cloud reduced to 20 tag items displayed
Community Browser automatically collapsed on default
*New* Recent Documents displayed as new custom component
4. Round of ApplauseOur home page features a new member each month in our 'Round of Applause' series that launched in June.Meet @swuehl who received theSeptember 2020 Round of Applause .Head on over to the community corner to read the rest.
5.Gamification UpdateOn the user profile hover-over card, we have updatedthe way the order of the badges appear so that it is numerical. Now, you can see different badge types in the initial view where previously you may have only seen one badge type.
6. SearchWe have added Drop-down list to Search Bar in Global Header and below banners site-wide.
More improvements coming soon for Search! Stay Tuned for more updates!!!
7.Community Hosted EventsQlik Community now hosting 'Talk to Experts Tuesday' an event coordinated in partnership with Qlik Digital Support Team. The TTET series has officially kicked off and will run every other Tuesday. A dedicated page has been established so that you can view the calendar of events and listen to prior recordings. Don't miss out on these video chats as you have a chance to ask questions in a live setting while also giving you a chance to meet our team.
Last year,as a part ofourDiversity and Inclusion program,Qlik for All,we introduced ourEmployee Resource Groups (ERGs). These groups allow Qlik tocelebratetheglobaland individualuniqueness of our corporate citizens.In the spirit of our mission to value and cherish the importance of diversity (of experiences,backgrounds,lifechoices,cultures, genders, sexual orientation, religion,and ourcountriesof origin), for the next four weeks the spotlight will be on the Latinos Unidos ERG!
As a co-lead of Latinos Unidos, I am happy to announce that from September 15th to October 15th we will be celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month at Qlik. We have a variety of activities planned for our Qlikkies worldwide.
As members of Latinos Unidos began to reflect on the central theme surrounding our month-long cultural-heritage celebration, the consensus was a focus on our multicultural diversity. The rich tapestry of our communities is comprised of a unique blend of American Indigenous, European, African, Middle Eastern and Asian influences. Additionally, we are looking forward to sharing information on the inroads we continue to make in supporting our LGBTQ+ communities.
Join our celebration by downloading one of our Qlik Hispanic Heritage Month “Zoom” backgrounds. I love them and hope you will too. And, if you have any questions about the work we’re doing at Qlik For All, feel free to reach out to me. I would love to chat!
Today was the first day back to school for my youngest daughter who is a junior in high school. She was there for maybe 10 minutes, possibly it was 5 (lol) when the texts began about how much she wants to come home. It's so hard for our children to head back to school having been out for so long. Here in the suburbs of Long Island, New York it's been since March of 2020 since they have been in a school environment.
Then it dawned on me - given so many of us are working from home these days and also given this community is 'global' in nature - I wonder how you all are faring. I wonder what is happening around the world and I want to hear about it from more than TV news which seems unbearably hard to watch these days. I have enjoyed speaking to many of you, through this community, to learn about your experiences.
I truly hope you are all doing well.
Of course, being completely honest - I couldn't wait for school to get started again! Time to get the kids out of the house and out of my conference calls (ha). I crave normalcy! Though this seems not very normal at all - this hybrid school schedule of 2 days in school / 3 days remote or something like that.
Is this our new normal?
Hello Community Members!
I wanted to share the latest on "Groups" within the Qlik Community as we have made some wonderful updates. Below is a list of things you will notice within any group that you belong to:
Group Owners/Admins: You now have the ability to feature content. This will bring the article or document to the top of the page under the featured content section:
Group Owers/Admins: You will now be notified of new member requests to join a closed group via email! You can take action directly from the email and approve or deny the request to join. Today, the bad news is that you will get the email but not be able to approve. This is being addressed with the vendor and we hope to resolve it shortly. In the meanwhile, if you get a request to join, forward directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org let me know to approve or deny. I will keep you updated.
Group Owners/Admins: Besides receiving an email for requests to join a closed group you can also check to see if there are any pending requests and invite someone to be part of the group. you just need to click on the tiny wheel on the right at the top of the members list and it will open those options:
Groups now have labels. Labels are a way to categorize your content. You can subscribe to labels and click on the label itself to view all the articles/documents that contain a specific label:
No more pagination when viewing all members of a group. It is now a continuous slide down.
All content that came over with the upgrade is found under the discussions tab. Going forward you can use the documents and video tab for new documents and videos.
You now have the option to view all posts under one tab "All Posts" or narrow it down and view them separately on the "Discussion" or "Documents and Videos" tab.
Groups are a very important part of the Qlik community and we will continue to make enhancements to improve the overall experience.
Hello Qlik Community Members, We have been very busy over here making strides to improve our Qlik Community. We welcome feedback please share with us in the Community Corner.Thank you for all your efforts to help one another in the Qlik Community - this is, after all, what it's all about. People helping People.
1. Blog Updates
Blog authors may choose to publish a 'blog teaser' - 1 or 2 sentences that describe the article. In the feed display on the main blog page, if a teaser exists this text will display in the feed, otherwise body text will display.
Blog pagination. For blogs with multiple pages of comments, we have added pagination possibility at the bottom of the page
2. Draft Articles - Did you write a post, save it as a draft and now can't find it. YIKES! Well, we fixed this. You can find all your draft articles on your profile page. It's all the way at the bottom so you might have to scroll down a bit before you see it. Your profile page is found right near your avatar (top right of community)
3. New Forum for Qlik AlertingA new forum has been created for our newly acquired product f/k/a "ping" - the Qlik Alerting forum is now open and ready for business. Go ahead and have a look, ask a question or help another member.
4. Popular ArticlesAs a means to surface more content in more places, you will notice the following update:
On discussion boards you will notice a new custom component on the right nav for most 'popular' articles. Articles with the most likes will appear here.
5. Gamification !We have deployed a much needed update to our gamification system. Keep in mind this is only phase 1 and we know there is so much more to do. Please read this article to learn more about our gamification improvements and to learn about what's coming in Phase two - send us feedback! This was a very big deal, as it impacted every single community member. We hope you like your new rank icon and all the new badges!
6. Events and WebinarsWe have improved how we organize events by type so that you can filter on the types of events that interest you (eg., podcast, webinar, etc). We recommend you subscribe to the events page so that you don't miss any updates - this page is updated on a weekly basis.
Tip: Important announcements also post regularly to our home page carousel so be sure to check there often.
7. Improvements to SearchWe have enabled OOTB functionality to allow the user to determine their search 'reach'. Both at the top level for global search as well as within the search field on each board you will have a drop down that will enable you to expand or narrow your search criteria. If you select Knowledge Base this will retrieve articles that reside on document boards only.
a hint at what's coming in June 2020:
- a new board dedicated to author written and approved articles by members of our support team. These will be more "official" articles as only members of the Qlik Support Team will have the ability to publish here.
- Featured member of the month! We will soon start showing off those that contribute and help the most! Stay close to the home page. We will call this "Round of Applause"
Dear Community, When we launched on our new platform in November 2018 a very limited set of gamification options were deployed and an out-of-the-box ranking structure was utilized. We are now evolving to the next phase. On Monday, May 11 we are deploying 'phase 1' gamification updates to our Qlik community. Phase 1 will accomplish 4 objectives:
New ImageryNewly created by Qlik Brand & Creative Services Team, all rank and badge imagery will be updated utilizing the Qlik brand color palette and I'm confident you will find them far more fabulous than what we have today.
Increasing # of badge opportunitiesWe have added over 50+ new badge opportunities! Which means you will be able to REALLY collect them and show them off on your profile page. You can see what badges another member has by hovering over their name in the community. While we know this is serious business, it is also meant to be fun! (note: May 11, 2020 - when we go live with the new badges this will trigger a notification alert in the community if you've already earned that new badge. For our most active members, this may mean many system alerts. For this reason we decided to do a slow roll out. It may take a few business days for all the badges to be 'live' - this is nothing to be concerned about).
Order of the new badges going out:May 11-Likes Given- Topics Created
May 12Likes ReceivedReplies AuthoredSolutions Authored
A sneak peek at a few of our new badges:
New Rank NamesNew Rank names have been customized for Qlik Community. They are designed to show a progression in ones level of credibility and also to be globally easy to understand. We vetted our rank names with our Community MVP's as well and we thank all MVPs for their feedback.If your rank name was "Original Title" it will automatically change to "New Title" as follows:
New Rank IconsRank Icons are visual indicators of a persons rank. Our new rank icons are prominently displayed on user posts and on leaderboards. Some ranks are receiving an updated image while some ranks had no icon whatsoever, so this is a nice improvement.
To learn more about what changes to expect I encourage you to review the attached deck.
There is so much more we know we can do with gamification. Trust me, we know! Please keep in mind this will be an evolution. We hope you will enjoy the changes - we plan to deploy on Monday, May 11 - in the Evening (EST)
See you online and go get those badges!
Hello Community Members, The months of February and March had the following updates made on Qlik Community:
1. Third Party Qlik Jobs - the page was cleaned up substantially with posts prior to 2019 archived. Two labels have been applied to the page "Jobs Available" and "People Available".
2. New group launched QlikView to Qlik Sense. This group supportssupports customers taking advantage of our Analytics Modernization Program and provides Q&A, best practices and resources on migrating apps from QlikView to Qlik Sense.
3. Another group launched in support of COVID-19. All are welcome to share insights and sources of factual data.
4. NAV updates. 4a. New Icons were uploaded to the nav bar and home page for Data Analytics and Data Integration Forums.
4b. Insight Bot added to Navigation Menu, Qlik Sense Mobile shifted lower on Nav and one of the Qlik Sense forums has been renamed.
5. Modified search bar text to be location specific. No change in functionality here. When searching within a specific location the search results will render results from that location. The text residing in the search box makes that more clear - two examples belowYou have the option to expand search results by removing the search term using the ' x '.
If you need to expand your search option just remove the search term by clicking the ' x '.
6. Subscribe or Unsubscribe to blogs easily and with just one click from the main blog landing page.
7. View count now visible at the top levelYou no longer have to click inside the post to see the view count. Also, view count, likes and comments are now displayed as an icon.
We hope you enjoy these updates!
This week our Qlik Community has reached a significant milestone - 100k members! Over the past year and a half, the Qlik Community has practically doubled in size and we have made countless UI/UX updates in the spirit of always improving. However, what makes me smile at the end of each day is knowing that there are many of you who take time out of your day simply to help another human being. That's what it's all about. People helping people.
This became glaringly obvious with the launch of a community COVID-19 group where we saw community participation from new members, longtime members, Qlik executives and many of our prominent luminaries. Thank you!
In a short timeframe we have onboarded many internal Qlikkies to our Qlik Community. This was just as important as onboarding our customers and partners! Most recently, we have:
Launched a new Ideation wall working in conjunction with Qlik Product Management.
Rolled out an Events & Webinars page working in conjunction with Qlik Global Programs team.
Built Community into the GA release cycle working closely with Product Marketing teams to publish timely Product Innovation blog articles.
Paired up with Global Support, Academic and Education Teams to deliver timely, fresh and relevant knowledge and articles
Onboarded a brand-new Digital Support Team who is 100% dedicated to the success of our online community. Read this to learn more.
Today we are introducing our Data Integration forums to all QDI customers.
I find it moving to witness, every single day, the coming together of people to collaborate online and help one another solve challenges big and small. Today, collaborating online carries more significance than ever before.
Whether you are a new customer, longtime customer,partner, die-hard Qlik fan, community MVP, developer, BI expert or prospect visiting our Qlik Community, we appreciate you and will never take your visit to our online destination for granted.
Thank you for allowing Qlik Community to be a part of your day and thank you for helping us achieve this amazing milestone. See you online!Melissa