Qlik Community

QlikView Documents

Documents for QlikView related information.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.

Automated PowerPoint Presentation Extraction

autopilot
Contributor III

Automated PowerPoint Presentation Extraction

I put together a macro that will loop a set of charts and extract them into a powerpoint presentation. It was built to automate the creation of customer presentations using a 26 slide template containing approx. 40 qlikview objects.The application also incorporated other utilities within the dashboard that I left in the macro script for reference.

When executed using a button trigger, the macro builds the entire powerpoint presentation using the qlikview charts and objects.

The provided .zip folder contains the macro code and a dashboard with some set up to give an idea. This example contains the structural frame but requires detailed set up of variables and other references like objects ids, sheet ids, and source data.

----------------------------

Via request, I've attached an updated version which is configured to run.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments
avastani
Contributor II

We can automate this by tying into the main app via excel interface instead of the inline tables and other good stuff. v2. working on it. stay tuned

sathishkumar_go
Contributor III

Realy Amazing! It helps a lot.

I have a small doubt. I have pivot chart which i want to export in to PPT with first 30 rows in to 1st slide and 2nd 30 rows into 2 nd slide.

I am able to export into PPT succesfully but some case if data is big (After applying all the selections) that time image is exporting with scroll bars. so all the datas are not visible.

Lookig for your reply..

-Sathish

autopilot
Contributor III

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for you comment! Based on what you've described, I might suggest trying a paging implementation for the object being exported. Here is a great example Paging Implementation for Straight table

The macro script will likely need to be modified to account for this, however. One way this could be done is to include a SELECT....CASE statement for the object utilizing the paging technique so that for that object it would begin a loop over the field (paging) values while exporting the same object into new slides.

Another option may be to simply create multiple objects each restricted to show the range of data desired - although I would imagine this approach being complicated and cumbersome at best.

Alternatively, if the maintenance requirements permit, you could 'hard-code' the object id for each 'paging set' being exported.

Ultimately, the solution will have to be integrated into the application in a way that can be handled in the macro routine since there isn't an simple, straightforward way for this to be dealt with in the macro alone.

Hope that helps!

sathishkumar_go
Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible can we export a cart with title name?

Regards

Sathish

sathishkumar_go
Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible to export a qlikview straight table into ppt as text?

The idea is, after exporting as text the users can able to modify their comments.

-Sathish

autopilot
Contributor III

hi sathish,

yes - this is possible.

I've published a simple qvw app that illustrates how to do this. Here is the link: exportTable2PPT.qvw

Not applicable

Hi, I just get a PowerPoint slide with vChartId in the middle. Can you suggest what I am doing wrong? I created a variable vExport in my document.

autopilot
Contributor III

You haven't set up all the variables contained in the macro.

Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to create a report based on user selections where the user picks one or more values from one or more fields?

e.g. LB1 - 2 selections (a,b)

LB2 - no selections but associated values only(1,2 not 3)

LB3 - 2 selections (yz)

Macro would loop through a1y,a1z, a2y...b1y, b1z, b2y etc and paste generated charts and tables into presentation?

Another tricky thing as there are 4 charts in total, is it possible to have for each loop 2 charts on one slide, 2 on the next?

Any help would be much appreciated.

autopilot
Contributor III

interesting idea combining multiple field selections as a single value for looping and extracting content....I haven't built anything that matches this specifically....I'll put below some examples which contain parts of each condition you're looking for but you'll have to integrate and adapt them together in order to build the solution you've outlined.....let me know if you get anything working - i'd be interested to see it!

1. Below is a link to a solution I built which will perform the nested looping across charts and field values when exporting - however, it's designed for use with Excel.

VB Macro to Loop Field (Dynamic) and Export Chart (Dynamic) to Excel & Name Sheets by Field Valu...

2. Below is a link to a thread I contributed to which handles the multiple charts (..and multiple sheets) condition.

Macro to export more than one Sheet objects into PPT

in the thread --> find the attachment titled "SheetsToPPT_updated.v3.qvw"

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎01-29-2013 11:03 AM
Updated by: