There are four major places to control colour in QlikView charts properties. They are found in the following locations in the chart properties dialog:
Colors (all chart types except Pivot, Straight and Gauge)
Visual Cues (Pivot and Straight tables only
Dimensions (effective on Pivot and Straight tables only but available on all chart types)
Expressions (all chart types except gauge)
- Global color control
- Makes all elements within a dimension the same colour
- Expressions executed on all the data selected to determine the colour.
Visual Cues Tab:
- Change text and background colours (and formatting) based on value returned in selection
- Simple greater than / less than logic against an expression or fixed value
- Straight tables and Pivot tables only
- Use to change the colour and formatting on dimension members
- Effective on only Pivot and Straight tables but can be set on any chart type
- Used on any chart type
- Will change the colour of the data (i.e. the resulting number or the visualization).
- The colour expression is executed for each result of the data set.
- This is where to control different colours for different values in the same chart.
Here is the link to video onreferenced in the video above.