Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KR_M
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense upgrade May 2021: Error in PostgreSQL upgrade from version 9 to 12

Hello Experts,

I am upgrading my QS version to May 2021 .

As part of the below link the PostgreSQL needs to be upgraded. I followed the same steps provided in the link. After performing the steps i could see my backup DB has restored successfully. I installed PGAdmin tool and checked the QRS has stored. But while starting the services Qlik Logging Services is not getting started. Below is the error screenshot.

I searched in community and also in Qlik support but could not solve the issue. Did any one successfully migrated the PostgreSQL version ? Because when i validate the logging connection it says version might not support(Below is the screenshot). 

Does the backup data of PostgreSQL 9 can be restored on PostgreSQL 12 ?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-May-2021-Upgrade-bundled-PostgreSQL-to-12-5-versi...

KR_M_0-1637825377657.pngKR_M_1-1637825410919.png

Labels (2)
1 Reply
enpradeepkumar
Contributor
Contributor

Last week, we upgraded our Standalone Postgres node and resolved a number of issues. However, Qlik logging services is not one of them. Furthermore, Qlik centralized logging will no longer be supported after May 2021 as per Qlik. As a result, you can disable the Qlik logging service in services and configure the monitor apps to file logging instead of data logging (Option 1 = file logs only (no database logs loaded) in QMC script. Let me know if this resolve the issue.

Community Browser